It's Never Too Late to Learn
- L.A.P.E.C. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide any information that you can be identified with while using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
- L.A.P.E.C. may update this policy from time to time to stay current and compliant. Feel free to refer to this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any of these changes.
- What information we collect, and how it is used L.A.P.E.C. collects personal information for the purpose of registration and payment. L.A.P.E.C. will use this information to validate your certification with the Red Cross by uploading specific information into their database.
- L.A.P.E.C. will not share your personal information with any other 3rd party aside from the designated provider(s).
- L.A.P.E.C. will also keep a record of your information to better serve you in the future. From time to time L.A.P.E.C. will send you information to the email address we have on file to share promotional and important information regarding your training and certification through L.A.P.E.C.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable; physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. With that in mind, L.A.P.E.C. cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Personal information about Users to the Site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or inquiries to third parties. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Canada.
- We collect personal information about Businesses and their staff in order for Businesses to take full advantage of the Service. This includes but is not limited to staff names, email addresses, business address, telephone numbers and availability. You may access this information at any time by logging in to your account.
- We may also collect credit card details and billing address in order to process payments for the use of the Service. These credit card details are securely transmitted to a selected third party (payment gateway) for the sole purpose of processing such payments. The payment gateway is responsible for securely storing such credit card details and for limiting their access to authorized users.
- We do not store credit card details in our Site or in any facility operated by us. We may, however, store partial credit card details (card type, expiry date, and no more than 3 digits from the card number), in order to let the Business identify and update the credit card details used for payment processing.
- We collect personal information about Customers in order for Customers to take full advantage of the service. This information includes but is not limited to names, email addresses, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, and other personal information as required by the Business that the Customer intends to do business with. This personal information will be transferred to the intended Business and its staff.
- We may also collect credit card details and billing address on behalf of the Business. These credit card details are securely transmitted to a selected third party (payment gateway) for the sole purpose of processing payments on behalf of the Business. The credit card details of a Customer are never shown in full to a Business or its staff. The payment gateway is responsible for securely storing such credit card details and for limiting their access to authorized users.
- We do not store credit card details in our Site or in any facility operated by us. We may, however, store partial credit card details (card type, expiry date, and no more than 3 digits from the card number), in order to let the Customer identify and update the credit card details used for payment processing.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as our payment process or analytics provider. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If LAPEC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- For your safety and protection, we never store credit card numbers on our servers. Where necessary, credit card numbers are stored by our payment gateway provider (“Eway”), or by one of the payment gateways pre-selected by us and chosen by our Businesses with the use of encryption during transmission.
- We may send notification emails to the email address provided by Users regarding bookings, cancellations, purchases, membership subscriptions, billing or other activities that are part of the Service and that are related to the User.
- We may send periodic company news, updates, and/or related product or service information. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or accessing the email preferences in your account settings page.
- Businesses may send marketing emails to their Customers at their discretion. If Businesses send marketing emails through the Service, Customers can always opt-out an any time by simply clicking on the link provided at the bottom of the email.
- Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, or to provide you with customized services.
- Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
- We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support and, in addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Our web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Higher Standard In Professional Education